Wednesday, January 16, 2008

April 2, 2002 (continuation of Year of the Horse)
HOROSCOPE (VIRGO): " Worried that a dream can't come true? Did a friend say it's unrealistic? Impractical? Poorly planned? You can fix that by doing more planning. Paper is cheep!"

April 3rd
I've begun writing memoirs in a small note book and call it SOLILOQUY.
IN THE NEWS:
ISRAEL HAS CLOSED IN ON BETHLEHEM . . . this was foretold, I understand, by Nostradamus.

And . . . CATHOLIC PRIESTS WHO'VE KNOWINGLY MOLESTED CHILDREN HAVE BEEN FOUND TO STILL BE WORKING IN PRIESTHOOD. (So, what's new? That's been the case down through the ages)

And . . . ALMOST 1/2 OF OUR COASTS ARE SO POLLUTED THAT THEY'RE DEAD (coral reefs). POLLUTION IS COMING FROM CHEMICALS FARMERS USE.

And the beat goes on.


APRIL 5th
Dennis got up a little earlier than me. He said he was sitting in kitchen listening to the radio when this large-winged bird landed on the wire outside the north window above the sink. He turned off the light and stood there looking at an owl. The owl stared big-eyed back at him. Then, he flew away after a long stare down.

Dennis came to get me up, telling me Harry Potter's owl has brought me a message that "someone wants your book!"

It was a cute thing he said, I told him as I rubbed his neck and kissed him on the cheek.

It sure would be nice if it came true.
TODAY'S HOROSCOPE: There it is! The path through the confusion! The chance to score the goal! You can think about it later; you need to act!

SHORT QUIPS
"I really shouldn't sit around waiting for a reply from agent. Like a single girl waiting for the phone to ring on Friday night. It never rings when you want, or expect it to. Prince Charming does not ride up on his steed and whisk you away to live happily ever after." Lorelei Bell
Dennis: "Sell your book so that I won't have to break my back any more."
Lorelei: "So we don't have to live here any more."
Dennis: "Yeah."
Lorelei: "I'm trying."
"The faucet may drip in the kitchen. We may have mice that sometimes gets on the counter; we're invaded by bugs (Asian Beetles, spiders, and other) but this is the best place I've ever lived since my parent's farm." --Dennis April 25th 2002
"And from now on I will strive for more inner faith." --Lorelei
4/19 HOROSCOPE: "You may not get quite as much as you'd like for your recent endeavors, but otherwise, life looks great. Money isn't everything!"
Maybe not, but I sure could use some right about now.
I read an article by Lawrence Block, the other day--it was an old one, but very good and relates very well with a struggling writer. Basically it says that not everyone who tries out for the ball team gets the job.
There are plenty of writers out there who deserve to be published. But here is where the division lies. Those of us who can grit our teeth with every rejection and still go on, despite it all, and keep writing and sending stuff out. Those who can't, don't want to face the grueling up-hill battle, the years of working on the same manuscript trying to interest someone in it. Those who can't wait--and have the money--will take the easy route and self-publish. But do they even break even?
And so I toil long hours in this room I painted orchid--to help creativity--and my husband who encourages me day in and day out because he believes that someday it may pay off.






No comments: