Sunday, October 12, 2008

My book, my blog, and Stepford Wife Escapee, Sarah Palin

In my last blog, I described what I had been doing, working on formatting my book for Infinity. Well, since then I've held the first book in my hands, thrilled with seeing my name on the front cover, as well as a cover I drew myself. I've read through it, made a master sheet of corrections, and have sent one proof book off to Infinity, and another off to the copyrights office.

I will, at some point this month, place the first chapter, or a portion of it, in here for anyone who wanders upon this site. Yes, I know I have not been a good neighbor, but I have so little time to go find other sites. I work at a job, I take care of a house, and I write--have two more novels in various stages. One is the sequel to Spell of the Black Unicorn, and I'm having trouble keeping my attention on it, since it's fantasy, and some how the fantasy world is a little hard for me to get into. But my characters usually keep me interested, since I love them so much.

Since I've got a lot of other things to do, I'm going to end this blog quickly. I've just read "My Final Column" by Kevin Alexander in Writer's Digest, and I'm going to miss reading his articles every other month. I'm going to have to go and visit his blog, now.

What with my job, and all the other distractions (like the pending election--and having to look at that Stepford Wife escapee, Sarah Palin, for the next several weeks before she's put back into literal darkness in Alaska again), I'm going to try and be a better neighbor and come and look at some of the other posts around here. I also have a post at Author Nation--which I get to just as often, and do about the same. Except for a couple of writer people I've gotten to know there, I don't visit much there either. Just too busy. With my book coming out soon, I'm trying to get ready to make contact, advertise and get the word out in my area.

If you've been reading my blogs. Great. Let me know. If not, I guess I'll keep on getting a big fat 0 on my comments at the end. No biggie. I'll live, and keep on writing.

Have a happy fall, and if you want to read a portion of my book, I'll get that in here as soon as I figure out how to get it on this post.

No comments: